Finally, we’ve come to the smoking-hot excuse to watch Denzel Washington be smoking hot (in several ways) in a movie of time travel: “Deja Vu.”
The Tony Scott-directed, Denzel Washington-starring movie is a consummate action movie that actually does pretty well with time travel. It’s also the movie that originally inspired “So You Created a Wormhole: The Time Traveler’s Guide to Time Travel.” After watching it way back in 2006 (or whenever), it was “Deja Vu” that led us to look into trying to explain time travel stories.
As it turns out, though, “Deja Vu” is actually pretty solid. And Denzel rules.
Listen to Episode 19 here:
In this episode:
- The Tale of “Deja Vu” and “The Time Traveler’s Guide to Time Travel”
- Denzel Washington: National Treasure
- The Ferry Explosion
- The Message
- Paula Patton, half-orc movie murder victim
- Claire’s Apartment and Its Time Travely Evidence
- “Welcome to our secret task force of time travel folks!”
- Schrodinger’s Claire
- The Note
- How to Make a Car Chase Cool: Do It In the Future and the Past
- Interrogation Time!
- Ambulance Attack!
- Tellin’ Claire What’s Up
- The Ferry Divergence, Apparently
- It’s Timeline B That’s Weird
- Next Time: “Peggy Sue Got Married“
Come find us on Twitter at @hewizard and @philhornshaw, or at the the Paradox page on Facebook. And if you’re enjoying the podcast, please consider dropping us a review wherever you subscribe or supporting Paradox with your own financial contributions! It all helps us make this possible!