Finally, we’ve come to the smoking hot British-comedy-about-a-time-travel-bathroom of time travel, “FAQ About Time Travel.”
By popular demand, we’re diving into the 2009 comedy that mixes a bit of a “Shawn of the Dead” vibe with some time travel tropes, some “Back to the Future” gags, and some generally nerdy discussions of why Hollywood puts out a bunch of crap sequels instead of great sci-fi movies, because jeez.
All the knowledge of every sci-fi movie ever can’t save “FAQ” from getting lost in its time travel ideas, however. Still pretty funny, though!
(It’ll make sense when you listen.)
Listen to Episode 18 here:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subcribe to Paradox! iTunes | Android |
In this episode:
- Hey, our (other) book is on sale.
- “Timeless,” it’s not bad
- Oh the Huge Manatee!
- “FAQ About Time Travel,” although it doesn’t really answer any
- Nerding Out at the Bar
- Time Leak. That’s a joke about pee, isn’t it.
- Avoiding yourself because paradoxes
- Getting lost in time
- That One Really Good Idea
- Getting “Edited”
- There are, uh, a lot of timelines here
- The future is an antecedent to the past but also that doesn’t really work
- Wants to Be a Loop Story But Isn’t One
- It gets a 5/7
- Next time: “Deja Vu“!
Come find us on Twitter at @hewizard and @philhornshaw, or at the the Paradox page on Facebook. And if you’re enjoying the podcast, please consider dropping us a review wherever you subscribe or supporting Paradox with your own financial contributions! It all helps us make this possible!